Mom got me a new hoodie!
Edit: Mom also got me treats and a few other goodies. She felt really bad that I had to go to the vet to get blood tests and what not. Why? I found her xlear (pronounced CLEAR) nasal spray sample in her coat pocket while she wasn’t home. Xlear uses xylitol (a known toxin to dogs) as part of its ingredients - to help keep bacteria from sticking in the nasal passages and wash bacteria out. She doesn’t know how much xylitol is in there, and even though it was a small bottle - she also doesn’t know how much is toxic to dogs. It can drastically lower blood sugar and cause liver damage or even failure. Doc was called and mom kept waking me up through the night to make sure I wasn’t dizzy or weak (hello! I was asleep!!), but he suggested blood tests the next day anyway. All is fine with my little liver and mom was so glad. Yaay! Keep xylitol away from your pets, they may not be so lucky!
Xylitol is a natural sugar substitute. It is used in natural products for sweetening, in some toothpastes and in chewing gum - like orbit.
My mom loves meeee (see below).
This is my little Lola. She’s the LOVE of my life and has got quite the personality.
Lola riding home with her elephant, Ellie.
Submitted by lolalongbody